News links and resources from this episode:
- Marty Sklar, long time Disney executive, has been with the company for 53 years and will retire July 17th.
- Disney is going to plant 2.7 million trees based on how many people saw their movie “Earth” on opening weekend.
- Disney purchased Kaboose.com which includes a suite of websites that are in-line with with markets in which they want to grow.
- Disney is purchasing a stake in Hulu and will publish select ABC shows on the site.
- Executives from Disney and the government of Hong Kong to discuss plans for future expansion of their Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
- The Hasbro Easy-Bake 2009 Baker of the Year contest will be held at the Grand Floridian Resort.
Don’t forget to enter the Netcot Contest to win one of three FREE copies of the WDW Tour Guide application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Simply write a review of the Netcot podcast on iTunes, then send an email to contest (at) netcot.com with the name that shows in the iTunes review. Winners will be chosen throughout the month of May 2009 and will also get a SHOUTout on the Netcot podcast!